Lili Gil Valetta Made History as Part of the First all-female Panel of Judges at Miss Universe
Last week, Miss Universe made a bold statement by announcing new changes to the pageant: an all-female panel of judges was selected for the first time in its history, and, a new format was set in place and it will sure mark not only a new era for Miss Universe, but, for the world of pageants.
This first-ever all-women selection committee panel was made up of entrepreneurs, business leaders, industry experts, and former Miss Universe titleholders.This is the first time that the organization had an all-female panel of judges. The distinguished ladies were:
- Lili Gil Valetta, Entrepreneur and CEO of CulturIntel and CIEN + TV, 2018 Women of Excellence Award recipient
- Monique Lhullier, a Filipino-American fashion designer whose gowns have been worn by Hollywood celebrities
- Bui Simon, Miss Universe 1988 from Thailand and founder of Angel Wings Foundation
- Janaye Ingram, Miss New Jersey USA 2004, a Women’s March founder
- Michelle McLean, Miss Universe 1992 from Namibia and chairperson of the Michelle McLean Chid Trust and founding partner of the Business of Beauty
- Iman Oubou, Former pageant titleholder, Moroccan-American entrepreneur, and founder of women’s digital platform SWAAY MEDIA
- Richelle Singson-Michael, CEO of Platinum Skies Aviation and FinTech Casha, vice chairperson of the LCS Group of Companies and daughter of former Ilocos Sur governor Luis “Chavit” Singson. She was also one of the organizers of the Miss Universe pageant in Manila in 2016.
“Thank you Bangkok and Miss Universe for making me part of such a special and important moment that has made history with an all- female selection committee and a new complete format to select the winner,” twitted Gil Valetta at the end of the competition.