Zuccini Pasta with Basil Walnut Pesto Recipe
With the holidays in the horizon you may be inclined to shy away from carbs or anything that may add extra pounds. But, what happens when you just crave those delicious recipes and just have to have them? Check out this recipe, courtesy of The Very Health Spiral Slicer. By the way, this innovative product will turn everyday veggies into “noodles” so you can skip the pasta salad and spaghetti and meatballs!
Check out this great alternative to healthy eating: Zucchini Pasta with Basil Walnut Pesto.
2 large zucchini
2 cup basil, loosely packed
1 cup walnuts
½ cup olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Optional: basil and walnuts to garnish
For the zucchini “pasta”
1. Make the zucchini noodles using The Very Health Spiral Slicer.
2. Using a steamer basket or a steamer pot, add the zucchini noodles to the steamer.
3. Steam for 3-4 minutes. Don’t overcook the Zucchini noodles. Steam until it is just beginning to soften but still al dente.
For the pesto
4. Add the basil and walnuts to a food processor or table top blender.
5. As you being to process stream in the olive oil until the pesto is the desired consistency.
6. Season with sea salt.
7. Place the zucchini pasta in a serving bowl and pour the pesto over it. Toss to coat.
8. Serve with a garnish of basil and chopped walnuts.